BIG Bucks – Rules
ATTENTION BIG Bucks players. A change just made from the Gaming Authority with the renewal of our new lottery license starting April 1, 2018. If you have not played your BIG Bucks number in 6 months it will be removed from the draw. So a reminder to play your number on a regular basis or your number will no longer be in play. Thank you for your cooperation on this matter.
1. You must be 19 years of age to play.
2. BIG Bucks is open to the general public and subject to provincial laws and
3. Staff or board members of Big Brothers Big Sisters may not participate.
4. To play you must first place one part of the registration form in a “BIG BUCKS”
green box at any one of our locations. The other part also has your number and
is kept for your records.
5. Every registration form has a unique number on it. This is your number. It is your
responsibility to keep track of your number.
6. Registrations will be collected and added to the registration list. Each number
will correspond to a player’s name. Registration numbers will then be placed in
the Drum at Big Brothers Big Sisters and will remain there indefinitely.
7. If a player wants their number removed from the draw, the player must cancel a
number, in writing, to have it removed from the draw and can only do so after
8. Each week you wish to play you must place a toonie in one of the “BIG BUCKS”
boxes. This toonie must have a sticker with your number on it (stickers provided
9. A number will be drawn each week from ALL registrations received
10. Your number qualifies to win ONLY if you have “paid and played” that week.
11. If you have not “paid and played” and your number is drawn the pot will build
for the following weeks draw
12. Place a toonie in the box for each number you play.
13. You can play as many different numbers as you want, but only play one toonie
per number, if you want more chances to win, register another number as there
is no advantage to playing the same number more than once each week as we
draw from the registration numbers not the Toonies.
14. If two numbers are placed on one Toonie it will be considered null and void.
15. You can join BIG BUCKS or register more numbers anytime
16. Players can register for long term play: 13, 26 or 52 weeks and your number is
good for the number of weeks you registered for long term play.
17. Long term play can be paid for by calling 902-752-6260 to register.
18. Long term play payment includes: cash, major credit cards; cheques will be
accepted but must clear the bank before your number is registered. Cash and
Credit card registrations will be entered immediately
19. Please write your number clearly to avoid confusion. Draw a line under hard to
identify numbers such as 6 or 9. Illegible numbers are null and void and will not
be accepted into the draw
20. It is the responsibility of player to inform Big Brothers Big Sisters of a change of
21. It is the responsibility of each player to keep track of their long term play and
when it expires.
22. Every effort will be made to contact the winner. If prize is unclaimed after 90
days, a special draw will be made for the unclaimed prize
23. All toonies from the BIG BUCKS boxes will be collected every Tuesday between
7:00 AM – 11:00 AM Big Brothers Big Sisters is not responsible for you missing
24. The draw will take place at the Big Brothers Big Sisters office between 12:00
p.m.- 3:00 p.m. on Tuesdays.
25. The draw will be announced on E.C.F.M. 94.1 between 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. every
Tuesday, published in The News on Thursday, posted on social media and our
26. If the winning number has been played the winner will be notified by phone.
27. The winning participant’s number and prize amount will be displayed at all BIG
28. A picture ID is required to collect your winnings.
29. Winners can pick their cheque up at Big Brothers Big Sisters, 74 Stellarton Road
anytime on Thursday after 12:00 p.m.
30. You must agree to allow Big Brothers Big Sisters to announce your name and use
your photo for promotional purposes.
31. If an error occurs in the announcement of the weekly pot total (i.e. if there is a
typo mistake on the flyer, in the paper or on social media, etc.), the official pot
shall be the documented pot total on the final tally sheet at Big Brothers Big
32. Once a year (March 31) as per License conditions re: N.S. Alcohol & Gaming
Authority, if a player has not played their number it will be removed
permanently from the draw. These numbers can be issued to new players.